Mrs Marvellous - Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the purchase of Goods by you (the Customer or you) from Joanna Shepherd, trading as Mrs Marvellous – Catch a Memory of The Garden Room, Deer Park, Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 6HE (Mrs Marvellous or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the goods and services you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. The description of the Goods is as set out in our website or other forms of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only.
4. In the case of Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide is accurate.
5. You may give us any type of fabrics and keepsakes to use but it is your responsibility to ensure the items are in good condition and as clean and stain free as possible. We will tell you if we feel some items are not suitable to be used. If you are not sure about certain items please feel free to ask us.
Basis of Sale of Goods
6. When an order has been placed we can reject it for any reason, although we will always try to tell you the reason without delay.
7. A Contract will be formed for the Goods ordered only upon Mrs Marvellous sending you written confirmation that the Order has been accepted or the delivery of Goods to you.
8. No variation of Contract, whether about the description of the Goods, price or otherwise can be made after it has been entered into, unless the variation is agreed by You and Mrs Marvellous in writing or email.
Withdrawal and Cancellation
9. You can withdraw the Order at any point until we start making your Order without incurring any liability. However by giving us your clothes/fabrics/keepsakes, you are giving us permission to cut them up to make your Order.
10. If you have already paid us for the Order we will refund you, less any expenses incurred and a return delivery charge.
11. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
Upon delivery the Goods will:
Be of satisfactory quality
Be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods, which before the Contract is made you made known to us.
Conforms reasonably to the description taking into account that each commissioned item is unique and carefully handmade so may turn out slightly differently to your expectations.
12. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origins in the materials you provided
Price and Payment
13. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges shall be agreed in writing prior to acceptance of the Order for bespoke items or prior to sale for pre-made items.
14. VAT will not be charged on the Goods provided.
15. Payment for Goods must be made in advance of delivery or collection. You must pay in cash, through bank transfer or other method agreed between you and Mrs Marvellous.
16. Mrs Marvellous reserves the right to take, retain and use for the purposes of publicity photographs of items created by Mrs Marvellous. All photographs used for the purposes of publicity will be made anonymous unless express permission is given by the Customer.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
17. The party will advise the party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
18. The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable; provided that the party will act reasonably and the party will not be liable which it could not reasonably avoid. This will not affect the Customer’s rights relating to delivery and the right to cancel.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
19. The Contract is governed by the law of England and Wales
20. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland and Northern Ireland.
21. We try to avoid any dispute so we deal with complaints as follows: If you are not happy with your Goods please contact us directly. We aim to resolve all complaints within 5 days.
Changes to terms
22. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify, add, or remove any or all of these terms and conditions at any time and each such change shall be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of this site and purchase of products on this site following the posting of changes to these terms and conditions will mean you accept those changes.