Storytime children's bed quilt - Snail's Day Out
An original, one off textile artwork that is also practical for a child’s bed or as an activity mat. Tell stories to your child about the Snail family's exciting day out among the wild flowers then let them create their own adventures
• Hand crafted with a range of cotton fabrics which are built up to create the nature inspired picture.
• It is 100 x 80cm and is lightweight yet still warm
• Instead of traditional quilting I have used free motion to create the picture. This secures the quilt sandwich and stops the wadding from moving.
• The quilting allowed me to add secret butterflies and grasses that cover the entire picture and create really detailed leaves in the tress
• The pale blue binding is hand sewn to finish beautifully
• This is a unique piece, I never make 2 the same
• The quilt is made using 3 layers, a base layer of blue polka dot Rose & Hubble cotton fabric, an eco wadding (70%cotton 30% recycled water bottles) and the topper.
• The blue binding is hand sewn to finish beautifully
• There are no harmful elements like buttons, zips, poppers
• The quilt is machine washable at 30 degrees and a 600 spin speed
If you would like a quilt created in different fabrics or personalised please contact me.